MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions (“T&C”) govern the Sands Rewards Club membership.
2. Sands Rewards Club is a membership program operated and managed by Venetian Macau Limited (“VML”), and which may be varied by VML from time to time at its sole discretion.
3. By submitting the application attached to these T&C to VML (“Membership Application”), you are requesting to become a Sands Rewards Club member and agreeing to accept and abide by these T&C.
4. Membership is at the sole discretion of VML and VML reserves the right to accept or decline the Membership Application.
5. If your Membership Application is accepted by VML, VML shall issue a Sands Rewards Club Card (“Card”) and the applicant shall be considered a Member of the Sands Rewards Club (“Member”). As a Member you are deemed to have accepted these T&C. Members participating in any promotion agree to abide by all rules and conditions as published and amended by VML from time to time and shall accept as final and binding the decisions of VML.
6. Membership is open to individuals aged 21 years or above. Valid proof of identification must be provided and photo must be taken upon registration for the purpose of identity verification and to avoid misuse of the Card. Only one membership per person is allowed and membership is free. Membership is not open to legal entities or other groups or associations.
7. Members under 21 years of age who enrolled into Sands Rewards Club prior to the introduction of the new legal gambling age from 18 to 21 years old, effective from 1 November 2012, may continue to enjoy membership benefits in Non-Gaming Areas. Any existing points earned from activity in Gaming Areas will remain.
8. From 1 November 2012 only those aged over 21 years can register to become a Sands Rewards Club member.
9. VML reserves the right to deny access to Gaming Areas to Members aged under 21 years.
10. VML may request a Member to select a Personal Identification Number (‘PIN’) in a format specified by VML. A PIN selected by a Member may only be used by that Member. Member must not disclose its PIN to another person or Member under any circumstances. Valid travel document/passport will be required for PIN issuance.
11. A PIN will be required for all transactions including but not limited to: promotion redemption, instant reward redemptions as well as for any VML activities. VML may from time to time require the Member to produce or update the PIN for security reasons.
12. Awarding of points: Points are awarded to the Members upon presentation of the Card in the following cases:
a. Save and except as stated in point 13 below, Points shall be awarded to the Member for any and all direct cash and credit card transaction or purchases, as follows:
- Involving play in casinos and gaming areas operated by VML, (“Gaming Areas”), as determined by VML from time to time at its sole discretion (“Gaming Points”); and
- Purchase of tickets for entertainment events on VML properties (“Entertainment”);
- Cotai Water Jet (“Cotai Water Jet”) ticket purchases;
- Purchases made in food and beverage outlets and shops that participate in the Sands Rewards Club (Retail & F&B Outlets), of items, products and/or services included in the Sands Rewards Club, as determined by VML from time to time; and
- All room bookings at the Venetian Macau Hotel Resort and Sands Hotel, and select incidental items, products and/or services; Member and only one additional room can be awarded with points
(all “Non-Gaming Areas”), all as defined by VML from time to time, (“Resort Points”) (all collectively referred to as “Points”).
b. Resort Points are awarded to Members at a rate of 3 points per MOP100 spent in any Non-Gaming Area. Where sales transactions are not divisible by 33.33 recurring, the points issued shall be rounded down to the nearest point, with the minimum issuance being 1 Point.
c. Gaming Points are awarded to Members as determined by VML from time to time at its sole discretion.
13. The following transactions and or purchases will not qualify for awarding any Points:
(a) Entertainment: Tickets bought by Travel Wholesalers and Group/Bulk purchases; Ticket + $88 Ferry packages; Venetian Gondola Experience Tickets; Tickets redeemed using gift vouchers; Tickets purchased via on sellers (Macau.com, Kong Seng, HK ticketing etc) ;
(b) Hotel: Wholesale; Groups on Master Folio; Agent Paid Groups; Comp rooms (Casino or other); Vouchers (Bulk Buy); Intercompany Travel; Charges made to room from all non-participating F&B outlets; Cotai Water Jet ferry tickets charged to room;
(c) Where the Member opts for an alternate loyalty program benefit or points;
(d) Online purchases;
(e) Purchases and or transactions made via redemption of Points and Sands Rewards Dollars;
(f) Purchases and or transactions made via redemption of Points and Sands Rewards Dollars;
14. Points will only be awarded to a Member and credited on his/her account on production of a valid Card. Expired Cards will not be accepted.
15. Retrospective claim of Points will not be accepted
16. Refund or exchange of items purchased with Points are not permitted.
17. The Member may be charged a handling fee on any refund of purchases where Points are earned,
18. The Member may be charged a handling fee on any exchange of purchases where Points are earned on the original transaction,
19. Redemption of Points:
a. 1 Point is redeemable for MOP1.00 in Non-Gaming Areas and HK$1 in the Gaming Areas. For the purposes of this T&C, MOP1 is equivalent to HKD1 and no exchange rate should be applied in any payments. VML retains the right to amend this ratio at its sole discretion.
b. When used in Non-Gaming Areas, the minimum redemption of Points accepted is 50 Points
c. The Points can be redeemed by the Members to pay, in total or part, any and all transactions made in Gaming Areas and in Non-Gaming Areas with Participating Retailers and F&B outlets except for Cotai Water Jet ferry tickets where the full price of the ticket must be paid if being purchased using Points.
d. Members must be aged 21 and above. No individual under 21 years of age are eligible to redeem Points in VML operated Gaming Areas
e. Items, products and/or services purchased using Points may not be exchanged or refunded.
f. Points and benefits are not redeemable for cash.
20. Points will only be redeemed on production of a valid Card. Expired Cards will not be accepted.
21. Challenges to Points awarded or redeemed must be made within 2 months from the time when Points were credited or deducted for the Member’s account.
22. Challenges to Points awarded or redeemed must be made within 2 months from the time when Points were credited or deducted for the Member’s account.
23. Use of the card:
a. The Card and its associated benefit & Points cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions unless otherwise indicated.
b. Points accumulated by a person other than the Member will be forfeited.
c. Credit and deduction of Points: Points will be credited and deducted to the Member’s account as follows:
- All Gaming Points awarded will be credited to the Member's account after play
- Points awarded for Retail & F&B Outlets will be credited instantly
- Points awarded for Hotel and Cotai Water Jet will be credited within 72 hours of the check out and purchase of ticket.
- Points awarded for Entertainment will be credited after the concert has ended, regardless of the date on which tickets were purchased.
- The redemption of points in gaming and non-gaming areas will be immediately deducted from the Member's account.
24. Membership Upgrade: Members who reach the required number of Gaming Points are eligible to be upgraded to Ruby and Diamond tiers, as determined by VML from time to time. VML retains the right to amend the point awarding criteria, though sufficient notice will be provided to Members.
25. Membership Downgrade: Members who fail to maintain the required number of Gaming Points, as determined by VML from time to time, within a six month period will be automatically downgraded.
26. If no Points are accumulated during any consecutive 12 month period, any existing Points will be forfeited and cancelled.
27. Complimentary services, if any, are extended to Members at the discretion of VML Management.
28. VML shall not be liable for Points which were awarded inaccurately as a result of technical malfunction, operator fault, and misrepresentation or as a result of any reason beyond the control of VML.
29. It is the Member's responsibility to inform VML of any change in their personal details (identification or passport details, postal / email address, contact telephone numbers, etc). VML is not responsible for any loss due to the outdated information.
30. A valid government travel document/passport will be required for transactions including but not limited to: point redemptions and promotional redemptions conducted at but not limited to all Sands Rewards Club counters. VML may from time to time require the Member to produce or update the photo identification.
31. VML reserves the right to with or without notice terminate an individual's membership, namely (but not exclusively) if a Member breaches these T&C; attempts to obtain Points or benefits by providing false information or in any other improper or abusive way; behaves untruly while on any VML properties Upon termination of membership, any rewards, benefits or promotions shall be considered expired.
32. VML will replace lost or stolen cards up to a maximum of 3 times with valid government photo identification. A fee of $30mop or 20 points (gaming points) may be applied for further card replacement.
33. If the Membership card(s) is lost or stolen, members must report this loss immediately in order to temporarily deactivate the account in person or by phone to any SRC Counter (+853 8118 1182). A replacement card will be reissued to the member upon presentation of valid travel document/passport. VML is not responsible and will not be held liable for any transactions made between the time of loss and account deactivation. The decision of VML Management shall be final in the event of any dispute.
34. The Membership card is the property of VML, and must be returned unconditionally and immediately upon VML’s request.
35. VML reserves the right to cancel the Club, in which case VML shall provide the Member a reasonable period of time to redeem existing Points and any other benefits.
36. VML reserves the right to amend or change these T&C at any time without notice to the Members
37. The Chinese version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.